You may be wondering what the best process is for you when it comes to purchasing a home. What does it mean to be a first time home buyer? What are my mortgage options?
Preparing for homeownership requires many do's and don'ts, but there are plenty do's to help with a step-by-step guide during the whole process.
First, have a checklist. Whether you're a first-time buyer or an experienced owner, a checklist will help you with your top priorities.
- Strengthen your credit score
- Figure out what you can afford
- Save for your down payment, closing costs
- Build a healthy savings account
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage
- Buy a house you like